Admissions Procedure/RegulationsGovernment Polytechnic institute Mardan offers admission in the following programs.
D.A.E. (Civil , Architecture and petrochemical Technologies) for both morning and 2nd shift with the same number of seats.
Eligibility for Admission in 3 Year D.A.E. ProgramA candidate must have any of the following qualifications in the order of preference:-
• Matric with Science (at least 40% marks).
• T.S.C (Technical School Certificate) With open choice for all Technologies irrespective of their trade in TSC program
• G-II, 2 years course with Matric in Science.
Note:• The merit for admission in D.A.E will be determined on the basis of the total marks obtained in SSC.
• A candidate having E Grade (below 40% marks) can not apply for admission.
• Those candidates who are passed in the Supply exam are not eligible for admission in the same year.
Age LimitLower age limit to the 1st year of D.A.E on the closing date of admission forms is 15 years while upper age limit is 22 years. However a relaxation of 2 years may be granted by the Chairman Board of Technical Education Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Peshawar, for which the applicant shall have to deposit the requisite fee in addition to the normal admission fee. The Maximum age in case of 2nd shift is 25 years.
Documents RequiredThe candidates who are eligible to apply for admission must submit attested photocopies of the following documents alongwith the application form. No application for admission will be considered unless fully and completely made out on the prescribed application Form by the candidate in his own handwriting.
• Matric Provisional Certificate 02 copies
• Matric DMC 03 copies
• Character Certificate 01 copy
• Domicile Certificate ---do---
• CNIC/Form.B (candidate) ---do---
• CNIC (Father/Guardian) ---do---
• Affidavit (Good Conduct Certificate) ---do---
• Migration Certificate (Original Copy) ---do---
• Passport Size Photographs duly attested by gazztted officer 05 Nos
Note:If any of the above submitted certificates are found false or forged, at any time even after admission, legal action will be taken against the student and his admission will be cancelled.
Admission Policy1. merit candidates shall submit their admission forms directly in the admission office of GPI Mardan within the due date as advertised in the newspaper.
2. Selection of students against reserved seats shall be conducted through the concerned nominating offices, agency / authority. The nomination of students must reach this office by 31st of August each year; In case of no nomination within the stipulated period such seats shall be converted into that of open merit.
3. Admission is strictly based on merit. The merit, in turn, is determined by the Admission Committee, as per laid down admission criteria.
4. Whenever two candidates are bracketed, the one senior in age will be given preference for the purpose of admission.
5. Ten (10) marks shall be deducted for every extra attempt availed after passing the Secondary School Certificate in the annual examination. F.sc Passed out are exempted from the rule of 10 marks deduction per year.
6. Twenty (20) marks will be added to the Matric marks on the recommendation of Committee for Hafiz-e-Quran to the candidates who claim and prove to be Hafiz-e-Quran.
7. The employees of GCT Kohat and that of technical education department may apply for ward seats in D.A.E as per allocation of seats shown in the table.
8. In case of ward seats real sons will be preferred over real brothers.
9. Shop Assistants and Attendants desirous of improving qualifications are allowed to apply in 2nd shift on normal Fee subject to the fulfillment of admission criteria for D.A.E and provision of NOC from the competent authority.
10. The Sons of Government employees serving in Kohat are allowed to apply on open merit subject to the condition that they produce sufficient documentary proof of the employment of his/her parents in the respective district/municipality.
11. Admission dues must be deposited on the day of interview otherwise their admission will be cancelled and the next candidate in the merit will avail the chance.
12. Migration Certificate must be submitted after getting admission in the Institute.
13. The candidates of 2nd shift must deposit their dues in one installment on the day of interview.
14. If a candidate comes late, he himself is responsible for the late coming. He may lose his right of admission.
15. Migration from Government to Government College in the same shift is allowed in 2nd & 3rd Year. Migration from Government to Private or vice versa is not allowed.
16. In case of repeat the year 50% Fee shall be charged from both the morning and evening shift students.